For starters, a little history.
I wanted a steam cleaner for a long time, but then it cost some kind of fabulous money with which we had a tight time at that time. It happens that earnings have increased, and the gadget has fallen in price, but you still have associations that it is not available. But no!
How does a steam generator work?
Imagine a mixture of an electric kettle with a vacuum cleaner working "vice versa" - steam under pressure escapes from the nozzle and with force strikes the place we need. High temperature (more than 100 gr) and pressure are all that can swell and fly off, swell and fly off. Old fat drains, dry dirt instantly gets wet, you just wipe the resulting dirty moisture with a napkin. But if you want to clean lime deposits or very old fried places on the stove, first treat with special equipment, and then steam.
What is cleaned with a steam cleaner?
Everything that is not afraid of hot steam.
Tiles - especially in the kitchen, with fat, between the tile seams - with a bang. A stove, especially nasty places like handles with small details, an oven. Clothes, greasy stains, and generally refresh wrinkled things, curtains. Carpets, sofas - it is extremely important if there are animals and children. :) Toilet, bathroom - fast and perfect. Heating batteries - from this squeaked in all the reviews that I read. They wash the flowers - however, at a distance, so as not to scald. Flooring - there is a special nozzle. Windows, mirrors - but this nozzle is sold separately. Walls, doors, furniture, etc. - all that - I repeat - is not afraid of hot steam. Any dirt that can be dissolved with boiling water can be really cleaned.
Where is the dirt going?
It does not disappear anywhere - it dissolves into a pair and the cleaned, moist place must be wiped with a dry cloth, a napkin. If there is fabric on the steam cleaner nozzle, everything will remain on it.
Is it worth the wait for miracles?
If you haven’t washed the stove for three years, it will not be enough to spend one time and wait for it to shine, as on the day of purchase. In difficult places (for example, heavily seasoned), you need to point and hold, rub it with a brush nozzle. For ordinary cleaning, this is a miracle. Cleaning is easy, pleasant, and ... sterile - steam kills everything.
What nozzles are there?
It is my model that has just a narrow nozzle that knocks out the dirt of any of their crevices; a small stiff brush cleans difficult places, a wide flat brush, and also a fabric cover for cleaning fabrics, sofas and glasses and washing surfaces; nozzle for the floor and also a rag to it; two pipes extending the handle of the steam cleaner. I immediately ordered a nozzle for glasses, theoretically, you can do it, but it’s faster to wash windows.
What are the very big pluses?
There is no need to contact the chemistry, to breathe it - the steam cleaner cleans without it. No need to smear, then wait, and after a long time intensively scrubbing, everything washes much easier, effortlessly. Cleaning takes place in minutes. Launched where it was not to climb or wipe.
Also, saving on cleaning products and not only: I changed my mind about re-painting walls and batteries, the hood also came in perfect shape.
There are some general tips to follow when using a transportable steamer around the household:
- Cleaning steamer should only be used for cleaning.
- The operator should always wear shoes when working with electrical steaming device.
- The portable steamer is only used on surfaces of materials that are sealed and can take high heat and moisture.
- Be conscious of temperature changes that could cause glass to break while steam cleaning. For instance, steam-cleaning a glass window pane on a very cold day can cause it to break.
- Confirm that all accessory tools are correctly and securely fitted.
- After using cloth covers and tool pockets with a steam cleaner removed and wash it as per manufacturer recommendations.
- Unplug a steamer before changing attachments as well as refilling with water.
- Distilled water should always be used in your steamer.
To shorten your cleaning time, follow these tips for efficiency
- Clean the items or surfaces that are the least dirty first when using tools with cloth covers, in order to keep the cloth cleaner for a longer time.
- In order to finish steam cleaning without many interruptions, you should plan your cleaning route and time.
- To avoid smearing dirt over the surface, you should change the cloth covers on steaming tools after they become soiled.
- You should have all the attachments that you are likely to use close at hand.
- Vacuum clean or sweep first all loose dirt particles for example, dust and debris to avoid dragging this dirt along as you steam-clean.
- All the steam cleaner attachments should be stored along with the steamer bottle for easy retrieval when required.
- Empty the steamer cleaner, wash and dry the cloths so that it will be ready for the next cleaning task.
How to use a steam cleaner on carpet
First before Steam cleaning the carpet, remove everything from the room. Steam cleaning is most effective when you remove all papers as well as general clutter from the floor. Move all tables, chairs, and furniture out of the room in order to get enough space for cleaning carpet.Then vacuum clean the entire carpet carefully. Since steam cleaning is only meant to pull up small dirt particles that are down in the fibers of the carpet. They are not for removing larger dirt pieces and hairs. Vacuum the entire room more slowly than you usually would. It is best to go over the room twice to get as much of the larger debris as possible. The second time, go over the room in the opposite direction to pick up more dirt.
Fill the steam cleaner with distilled water. Most steam cleaning machines have a heating mechanism for the water which will heat up the water to steam. Only put as much water as the machine directs so that you don’t overfill the water tank. Look for a max fill line on the water tank.
Add soap as directed. Steam cleaners usually have specified detergent; therefore, you need to make sure that you check the machine’s directions and instructions in order to use the right option. Only use the amount directed to avoid detergent staying in the carpet.
Start your steam cleaning in a corner. Find the corner that is diagonal from the door or entrance of the room. Start cleaning in the corner and slowly work yourself out of the room. So that you don’t walk on the parts that have already cleaned.
Push or pull the machine as directed in the manual. Steam cleaners put hot water on the carpet and then immediately suck up the dirty water. Some are meant to be pushed to lay water and pulled back to suck it up. Others work only by pushing or only by pulling. It is important to read the directions for your machine before you use it.
Walk the machine in long lines across the room. Steamers are most effective by making long passes from wall to wall. Walk from the corner to the opposite wall and back. Pass over the same line twice if your steamer lays the soapy water going forward and sucks it up going backward.
Move the machine slowly to allow it work. Steam cleaners works at a slower rate compared to vacuums, therefore moderate your speed. Pulling the machine too fast will not give it time to suck up the water, leaving your carpets wetter than they should be. It’s better to go too slow than too fast. Going too fast means you might be leaving moisture behind which could cause mold or mildew later on.
Allow the carpet to dry completely. Most carpet takes six to eight hours to dry all the way, but some may take 12-24 hours.
Cleaning bathroom fittings using steam cleaner
- Use the recommended nozzles to avoid scoring on the stainless steel fittings –then hold the steam cleaner at a close distance to the part being cleaned and wait for all dirt to dissolve. If it is resilient, then fit the nozzle with a brush then, scrub the area while employing a powerful blast of steam.
- If the dirt and grease have been there for quite a long time, use cloth in the hand tool and progressively scrub the area while applying steam. The dirt will gradually accrue on the cloth; therefore it should be changed frequently.
- To enhance streak-free result polish the steam cleaned surface using the yellow microfiber cloth.
- All the dried-on, resilient dirt can be cleaned by scrubbing the area vigorously and applying steam.
Thick dirt layers should first be soaked in lemon juice and left for a while to absorb. Once removed, regular steaming will prevent lime deposits from forming in the future.
How to use a steam cleaner on windows
- Wipe over the whole surface of your mirror or window with a steam cloth together with the manual nozzle.
- During winter, you need to warm up the cold glass panes first at a distance before steaming to avoid cracking it.
- Employ steam cleaning to the glass surface starting from top to bottom and wiping any condensed water downwards using the rubber squeegee. And to avoid the establishment of streaks, you need to wipe off the rubber squeegee occasionally using a cloth.
- Any few remaining drops on the glass pane after employing the rubber squeegee can be wiped off easily using a cloth.
How to use a steam cleaner on a couch
The powerful steam vapor produced by steam cleaner permits you to sanitize and deodorize the couch without applying any chemicals. Also, the high temperature of steam will loosen and melts the surface dirt in the Couch, enhancing the material's colors. Couch steam cleaners are available together with different cleaning heads. Only use the recommended nozzle head of the appliance.
Steam cleaning benefits
In steam cleaning, clean water is used to create steam force that will be used for cleaning. The high steam force will melt and dilute the adhesive characteristics of grime as well as dirt, so that it can be rapidly cleaned away. Steam cleaning is tremendously safe, easy to use and it is relatively cheap way to of doing cleaning at home.
Steam cleaning is also environmental friendly because it does not need chemicals. Additionally, steam cleaning kills bacteria for example e-coli, salmonella and listeria.