Forgetting a password is human nature and most of the users are facing this problem on a daily basis. The main reason behind this is, we all tend to choose the best and strong password for our account.
Roadrunner email has the same service too. The reset password option and the changing option is the same for roadrunner email as well. And as the RR mail has been rebranded as spectrum webmail, nothing has changed. All processes are the same.
So, we include a lot of characters and modify a name which you cannot guess easily later on. So, in this case, you can easily reset the password and get a new one until and unless you have the access to the mobile number you're registered your email account with.
Reset AOL Mail Password
So, to reset the forgotten password on AOL Mail, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Go to the login page of AOL Mail.
- Here, enter your email address and click on “Next”
- Now, in the password section, click on the “Forgot password” button.
- Now, you need to enter your mobile number for the verification code.
- If you do not have the access to the mobile number and if you have registered your alternative email address while signing up for the account, you can choose to send the verification code on your alternative email address. So, enter your alternative email address.
- Now, you’ll receive the code in a couple of seconds. If you’ve chosen the mobile number, you’ll be sent a text. And if you’ve selected an email, you need to check the mail for the code. And once you get the code, enter it in the respected field and get verified.
- Finally, enter your new password. You need to enter it 2 times and click on “Done”.
If you do not have a mobile number and alternative email address registered while signing up (it is possible in old accounts), you need to contact the support team for help and assistance.
So, these are the steps involved in resetting your password. And if you still haven’t entered your mobile number and alternative email address, update it now. It will be of big help in the future.